Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

We enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day with Kim, Josh, Heather, Josh, Rembe, Aidan, Emma and Audrey. The children all had a wonderful time swimming in our "pool" and going down the water slide. The girls and their families are such a wonderful blessing and they bring so much love and joy to our lives. Watching their families interact when we are all together brings back so many memories of years ago when Kim and Heather were youngsters. How we would get together with other family members and they would interact with their cousins and Harvey and I with our siblings from both our families. It makes us realize how the years have raced by!
I always remember something Harvey's mother said once when everyone was taking pictures at one of the family get togethers, she said, "I have my camera in my mind and heart and always have the pictures there to remember." And as I recollect, she did have quite a memory, so I am sure that she had volumes of photographs in her heart.
The day started out a little cool, but around noon it warmed up very nicely, but it was very, very windy. Aidan and Emma had a blast on the slide, Audrey and Rembe were not too sure about it this year, last year when they were both only one, they enjoyed it, they seemed real apprehensive this time around and wanted no part of it yesterday.
Watching Audrey and Emma together is a real treat. They are very competitive with each other, especially when it comes to the baby stroller and grocery cart! Ummm, that also brings back some memories! Audrey is quiet and is very content to play with all the baby dolls. Rembe embraces life and literally runs with it.


Emma and Aidan













Audrey enjoying her corn on the cob AND Rembe chasing bubbles


No comments: