Thursday, November 20, 2008

Emma's Thanksgiving Feast at School

Lucky, lucky me! Kim asked me if I would like to attend Emma's Thanksgiving Feast and Program.
Since she has a 1st grade class, she could not attend, Josh had to be at work, so I was honored to be able to accommodate. All the kindergartners were dressed like Indians and Pilgrims, of course! They performed a song and were read The Night Before Thanksgiving, a new twist to Twas the Night Before Christmas! The school had provided a lovely feast of turkey and all the trimmings, including pumpkin pie. The only downside was that it was 9:00 a.m. just a tad early to try and stuff yourself!
Our family is looking forward to having our own Thanksgiving next week. The children are out of school for the whole week so they will be able to "help" us prepare for the season. Of course, it is part of my tradition to decorate for Christmas the week of Thanksgiving. It just seems that we go through so much time and effort to get the house decorated for the Christmas holidays, I like to make it well worth the while, so I decorate early. Plus, we all like to enjoy them and the festive mood that comes with them. Then, by the time that Christmas is over, I am ready to pack it all away for another year before New Year's Day.

The performance


Emma and Mommy - Kim was able to come in and give her a hug!


Nana, Emma and Casey

No comments: